Friday, August 30, 2013

How to Write an Author's Note

For each essay, you will be responsible for including an author's note at the bottom of the last page of your essay. An author's note is pretty simple-- it is a chance for you to ask your writing group questions and for you to make a statement for what your paper is about.

Here's how to write your author's note:

1. First of all, you should ask three questions or state three concerns about your draft for your writing group and for me. Sample questions could be "Is my introduction effective?" "am I consistent and academic in tone?", "Do I transition smoothly between paragraphs?," "do I support my argument?," "is my conclusion working?"

2. Secondly, you'll have a chance to state in 2-3 sentences about what you are hoping to accomplish with your paper. Do not simply regurgitate your thesis, but describe what your paper does and how. This may help you distinguish whether or not you are meeting your goals for what you want to do in your paper and if not, where you are faltering. You may have intended to do one thing, but when you read your draft alongside your author's note, you may find that you need more details from the ad or more analysis on the argument.

When you finish your author's note, simply post it at the end of your draft denoted by
****AUTHOR'S NOTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment